Article by: Stefanie Spitz for DailyFashionista.com
People say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I, for one, am a breakfast lover no matter what time of day it is. Making eggs is one of the simplest breakfast dishes you can create, so I’m going to show you how to make a healthy eggs and salsa omelet. In addition, many of us are pressed for time and this is the perfect quick meal!
Eggs are such a good meal in the morning because they contain an abundance of choline (which boosts brain power) and are a great source of protein and vitamin A.
(Note: This takes no less than 5-10 minutes to prepare, yields 1 serving, and is 209 calories!)
What you need:
2) 4 tbsp of salsa (or to taste)
3) ½ tbsp of coconut oil for pan (in your local supermarket you can get coconut oil spray if you prefer)
2) Crack eggs into pan
3) Using a spatula scramble the eggs around the pan until the yolks are mixed (again if you’re only using whites just scramble until eggs are only slightly liquid)
4) Put salsa only on one side of the eggs (as if you’re cutting the pan in half – sprinkle some shredded mozzarella if you’d like)
5) Flip the side without the salsa over so now the eggs are all on one side
6) Press firmly to melt ingredients in the center
7) Once eggs are cooked fully, remove from heat and enjoy!